The iPhone is a personal device that offers versatile functionality. You become so dependent on using the iPhone that you’ll find yourself using this device more than ever. It is vital to take a backup of your iPhone details because doing this helps you save critical, personal information that you have stored in this device into a much secure area that can be accessed later. In case your iPhone crashes or is stolen, you can use the backup to retrieve all information.
As an iPhone user, you should be aware of the fact that iTunes automatically backs up information stored in it. If this is not happening with your device, check the configuration settings and change feature to sync with iTunes automatically. The iTunes Backup will be done just once after the Phone is connected to the PC. This syncing function will not be carried out again, even if you sync the device with the system. An alternative to iTunes is using iPhone backup software. This software can backup all data that is stored in the iPhone device to a PC, which can be later used to restore details on the iPhone.
The main element that needs to be taken a backup from the iPhone device is the phonebook. This can be done in a couple of steps. Launch iTunes software in your system and click the ‘Info’ tab in the window. You can see the ‘Sync Contacts with’ radio button and select the address book in our iPhone that you want to back up in your system. Select the “All contacts” radio button to take a backup of all iPhone contacts. Sometimes, this may not, and you would want to synchronise only specific groups in the contact list. In such a situation, you need to select “Selected groups” radio button. Once this is selected, highlight the important groups that need a backup. Click the “Apply” button and complete the synchronise process.
How to back up with iCloud
1. Connect the device to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings [your name], and tap iCloud.
3. Tap iCloud Backup.
4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to the Wi-Fi network until the process is complete.
You can check progress and ensure that the backup is complete. Go to Settings [your name]> iCloud> iCloud backup. Under Backup Now, you will see the date and time of the last backup.
Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
To allow iCloud to back up the device every day, here automatically are the things you have to do:
1. Make sure iCloud Backup is enabled in Settings> [your name]> iCloud> iCloud Backup.
2. Connect the device to resources.
3. Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network.
4. Make sure your device’s screen is locked.
5. Make sure you have enough space in iCloud to back up. If you log in to iCloud, you will get 5 GB of free iCloud storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more storage from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. The package starts from 50 GB for USD 0.99 per month. Learn more about the price of storage in your area.
How to back up with iTunes
1. Update to the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes and connect the device to the computer.
3. If you are asked to enter a device passcode or confirm Trust This Computer, follow the steps on the screen. If you forget the passcode, get help.
4. Select your iPhone, iPad or iPod if it appears on iTunes. If your device does not appear on iTunes, learn what to do.
5. If you want to save Health and Activity data from an iOS device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt the backup: Check the Backup encryption box [device] and make a password that is easy to remember. If you do not need to save Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that is not encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.
6. When the process is complete, you can see if the backup was completed on the Summary screen in iTunes.